“We take a different approach to addressing the evolving security threats – an approach built for the cloud because it was born in the cloud. By moving security, policy and controls away from the core and to the edge, Akamai makes security portable and pervasive – and keeps threats like DDoS attacks and malicious bots far away from your users, data and applications.”
How have cloud delivery platforms evolved in 2017?
While the Internet has been a core component of business technology for nearly 20 years, over that same 20 years, its underlying architecture and technology have scarcely evolved. While today’s global Internet has gained in speed and capacity over the years, by and large it still functions on a “best effort” basis. And in a world where experiences, applications, data and infrastructure are increasingly moving to the cloud or hybrid environments, “best effort” is no longer enough.
Cloud delivery works in tandem with your cloud infrastructure – ensuring that the digital experiences, applications and data your business relies on actually reach your users and customers in a way that is fast, reliable and secure. Cloud delivery is optimized for the secure high accessibility of content, applications and data on any desired device, in any desired location.
How has Akamai catered to this market?
We believe that any cloud delivery platform must have these core attributes:
- SLAs based on delivery: Service levels must be based on how the experience or application performs for the end user
- Resilient, predicable performance: Capacity, distribution and scale to outperform the Internet with 100 percent reliability
- Acceleration and intelligent routing: Content should be cached at the edge and compressed as required, and traffic should be routed based on paths optimized dynamically in real time to be faster than the native Internet for flawless performance
- Cloud-based security model: Security should be cloud-native, pervasive, portable, and not dependent on traditional network perimeters
- Experience integrity: Digital experiences should be delivered in exactly the way the creator or provider envisions, no matter how large, complex or globally distributed
What are the mandates to execute a seamless intelligent digital experience?
Digital businesses acquire and retain customers by creating and exploiting digital experiences to deliver new sources of customer value and increase their operational agility. The transformation into a digital business is generally focused on three core areas: experiences; simplicity and agility; and innovation.
Delivering quality digital experiences allows for higher engagement, retention, productivity and user satisfaction. Simplicity and agility enables lean, focused teams that aren’t encumbered by legacy systems and can use speed to win — speed to market; speed to evolve — by using services in the cloud. In addition, simplicity and agility is tightly linked with innovation. Innovation is enabled by providing an environment, often in the cloud, to enterprises and enterprises’ digital ecosystem to innovate faster and more efficiently.
How is Akamai a CIOs best friend here?
By partnering with Akamai, you’re entrusting the flawless delivery of those digital experiences to the world’s. We enable every type of digital experience across every type of device and emerging technology, including mobile, IoT, AR/VR and 4K. Trusting Akamai means having a platform that’s always there, always accessible, with a 100 percent SLA that the Internet can never provide alone.
Akamai delivers security at the edge and not attached to your data center or cloud infrastructure, it’s entirely portable and works with absolutely zero impact on your website performance or the quality of your digital experiences.