Do you call yourself a digital organization? If yes, why?
Digitalization is part of our strategic & action plan from 2016, for instance the IoT where we have integrated vital signs machine, collect and send it to EHR that generates a complete record of a clinical patient encounter or episode. And in our integrated EHR environment, the barcode scanning is linked to the clinical databases via network. At the patient’s bedside, nurses scan their badges, or log into the BCMA system, scan the patient’s wristband, and scan the medication. The BCMA system validates whether the “five rights” of medication administration—right patient, right drug, right dose, right frequency, and right route. Mobile Application connected to the facility where patients can get insights about their treatment, reports, communicate with clinical and admin resources directly.
What are your top projects for the next 6 months?
- Completing EMAR, IP EHR implementation “phase 3 and 4”
- Web Reporting Center and reporting scheduler
- Smart SMS manager
- MRD Digitalization
- Digital Signature
- DR solution
What are the key technologies challenges faced by your sector?
- Data privacy and regulations
- Integration and cost effectiveness with restricted environments as healthcare organization
- Increasing costs of IT projects in healthcare, cost of data validation engines from UAE or external
What kind of vendor/solution provider engagement do you look forward to in 2018?
- Data analytics and data since solution vendor
- Specialized IOT solution for healthcare sector
- Data engines and validation tools
To do list for 2018
Facilitate the expansion of the organization borders using technology, smart tools and smart techniques, with empowered IT team who is certainly willing to give and contribute to shift Al Zahra Hospital to another level.
Some of our to do list include:
- Increasing digitization and interconnection between healthcare systems in AL Zahra Hospital
- Adopting lean methodology to eliminate the waste in process and new IT development
- Reduce operational and clinical paperwork by 95%
- Enhance the security and create SOC and NOC in Al Zahra, move out from traditional techniques, not relaying only on process or tools
- Improving the patient experience using technology, connecting patients and families through engagement with patient portal adoption, secure messaging, social media, and other emerging health related technologies.