Total number of years in service: 22 years
Do you call yourself a digital organization? If yes, why?
Without a doubt, “Digital” largely affects businesses and organizations worldwide including hospitality sector. In Emirates Palace, we embrace innovation and learn from digital roots to enhance services for our guests. We value our core principles and DNA yet we welcome and strive for the best to provide the latest technologies for our guest’s convenience. With the rapid modernization of technology, we have ceased the usage of DVDs in guest’s rooms as our guests has a strong demand and interest in digital viewing. We have introduced VOD (Video on Demand) in our guest’s rooms and they enjoy.
Emirates Palace pioneered the Guest Room IPad tablets wherein guests can experience state of the art technology and discontinued traditional “In-room guest directory pages” and moreover tablets have user friendly features that enhanced the guests experience which features High Definition IPTV System, Integrated Guestroom Entertainment, complimentary Movie on demand service, In-room IPAD system many features including ordering room service, Controlling room ambiance, guest feedback …etc. Guest feedback from IPADs enabled hotel management to address guest needs, positive and constructive notes before they checkout from the hotel instead of traditional paper feedbacks or call requests. This has increase efficiency of the hotel tremendously.
I presided the implementation of E-Folio in hotel management system; Opera, this enabled the Hotel’s in-house guests to receive their invoice through email instead of having it printed during check-out. Guest can sign their registration cards at the check-in on tablets and sign their final bill on tablet as well without any paper usage. This helps in reducing the use of printing materials in the hotel and also promotes environmental awareness.
In lieu to this, Mehmet answered the demand of hotel’s Guest, He upgraded the Digital Signage and introduced the way finding solution, thus, as a result, it reduces Guest frustration and it saves time.
What are your top projects for the next 6 months?
- HSIA Guest Internet Gateway – As the technology keep on evolving and internet usage in the hotel also increase and that most of the guests are bringing more than one device along with them. This resulted to an Internet capacity demand for guests in the hotel. With this project in pipeline, it will avoid internet traffic due to usage demand and will provide guests exceptional internet services.
- PABX Upgrade – this upgrade is to modernize the old analog and digital cards and to be compatible future technology upgrades.
- PCI-DSS Compliance – To achieve 98% PCI Compliance.
- Hotel management system Oracle-Opera Upgrade – Upgrade of oracle is required to move forward with Opera application upgrade to 5.05.
- E-Housekeeping and Guest Issue Reporting and Optimization Solution –It allows staff to receive information on their handheld devices based on custom-defined events, guest movements and service requests. It also automates daily housekeeping activities, have access to occupancy information and guest profile.
What are the key technologies challenges faced by your sector?
The challenges that were faced normally with the full swing of technology is the Adaptation by staff and guests. However, these advancement and changes were all elucidated to the guests to avoid confusion and frustrations. Demand on high speed Internet by guests and staff.
What kind of vendor/solution provider engagement do you look forward to in 2018?
Solution Providers that based their business priority and strategy that is reliable, provides worthy service, has value for money and meets their SLA’s.
To do list for 2018
- Adapt to new changes.
- Decrease cost and increase efficiency.
- Learn More about GDPR.