On July 14, Global CIO Forum, GCF, will host the Global Future Security Leaders Awards 2020. These awards will go to the top 30 CISOs chosen by a committee. The regions covered are the Middle East, India, Pakistan, Singapore and Egypt. Similarly, top vendors and channels will be honoured with the Security Players Awards.
Security and Risk Management WebSummit
Along with the awards ceremony, GCF will host a Security and Risk Management WebSummit, featuring over 15 regional and global speakers, along with 15 dedicated tracks and sessions. The WebSummit is expected to bring together more than 500 attendees from all over the world.
To participate in the WebSummit, click here.
Though business is gradually returning to normalcy in many parts of the world, global leaders predict that remote working and remote workplace would increasingly be a norm as many companies put employee health and wellness as priority. With this new norm, the remote workplace poses unique security challenges for companies. Because employees are not physically working on-site, they’re often relying on their own Wi-Fi networks and devices to access company data. To mitigate security risks, companies must implement clear and comprehensive policies and take proactive measures to ensure the safety and integrity of company data.
The Security and Risk Management WebSummit will discuss:
- How to spot common phishing attacks
- How to raise their awareness of spoofing and other techniques
- How to ensure that each worker understands the basics of good IT hygiene
- How different vendor genres can help business upgrade their existing architecture
- Developing a in-depth know-how of securing the endpoints
- Key remote security take-aways for deploying the correct tools
The impressive lineup of speakers and panelists for the Security and Risk Management WebSummit includes:
- Faizal Babu Kavungal, IT Governance and ERM Specialist Gulf Drilling International
- Abubakar Arshad, Director of Cyber Security, BNET, Bahrain Network
- Mansoor Ahmad Mughal, Deputy Manager, Information Security Dubai Financial Market
- Dr Erdal Ozkaya, Regional Chief Information Security Officer, Standard Chartered Bank
- Abdelmajed Ahmed Saeed, Acting CISO, Medgulf The Mediterranean and Gulf Cooperative Insurance & Reinsurance Co KSA
- Ayad Sleiman, Head of Information Security, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology
- Mohammed Ishtiaq Hussain, Head of IT Infrastructure and IT Security at Doha Bank
- Virag Thakkar, Head of IT, Risk and Governance, Agoda
- Syed Abdul Qadir, Director, Technology Risk and Cybersecurity Assurance A.F. Ferguson & Co, PwC Pakistan
- Navaneethan M, Senior Vice President and Chief Information Security Officer and Head of IT at PayU, a Naspers Group company
The WebSummit will also host an engaging Workforce Security Expert Panel featuring CISOs from 6 different countries who will share their experiences on the pandemic and how the lives of CISOs have changed forever.
Strategic partners for the WebSummit are BeyondTrust, Spectrami, CyberKnight , IronNet, and Finesse.
About GCF Unite WebSummit
Global CIO Forum’s GCF Unite WebSummit is an online webinar that is aimed towards creating a global technology leaders’ community whose ultimate goal is to Integrate, Influence, Impact CIOs and tech leaders. The GCF Unite WebSummit will host a series of events in multiple chapters and 30+ countries featuring successful local Tech leaders, CIOs, IT Directors, innovators, educators and investors who share business leadership best practices, and lessons learned on the road to building great future with help of technocrat & technology.
About Global CIO Forum
The role of a CIO is one of the most critical one in today’s business and industry. Today, CIOs hold the future of innovation, productivity and competitiveness in their hands. At the Global CIO Forum, we not only provide our members with an exchange forum for best IT leadership strategies and practices to enhance business results, but we are also developing a strong voice to ensure that CIOs are represented at key industry and government decision tables. In other words: Integrate. Influence. Impact.
The Global CIO Forum’s mission is to represents IT Executives and CIOs globally. Currently working in META region and with expansion plans globally, the Global CIO Forum is a non-profit community of CIOs and IT leaders whose mission is to facilitate networking, sharing of best practices and executive development, and to collaborate on issues faced by the CIOs/IT Executives.