Engaging effectively with business, grooming IT leadership team, motivating remote working teams, selecting right solutions, are part of CIOs new balancing act.
How CIOs can manage their remote workforce
- Be considerate, use your experience and knowledge to encourage team members since everyone is worried.
- Build collaboration tools, be available for teams since they look for guidance, support and suggestions.
- Your workforce may not be in front of you for a long time, support them when things goes wrong.
- Make a day as no meeting day, to be strategic, and for teams to catch up on personal tasks.
- Make meetings as stand ups, some are shorter and some are longer for top issues to handle.
- Work with business closely to ensure operational success.
How CIOs need to handle IT operations
- Focus on future value driven solutions and bring higher level of automation.
- CIOs are the drivers for business continuity to deliver solutions in an agile way.
- Focus on cybersecurity and accelerate cloud adoption.
- Technology speed teams to support core functions and rapid development.
- Technology leaders to think outside of their lanes, all areas of business are ours.
- CIOs need to be on top of shrinking budgets while business expects more.
- CIOs cannot be in all places and need to build a strong leadership team.
- IT leaders need to be business savvy and centric in solution identification.
- CIOs need to fully understand business problems and challenges.