Do you call yourself a digital organization? If yes, why?
We are re-defining how an enterprise is operated by reengineering the business process to increase efficiency and corporate resource utilization. We have been developing the “Digitalization Strategy” of TAV Airports Holding and implementing state-of-the-art solutions into our airports. We are adapting this experience and implementing digitalization strategies and solutions to the non-TAV airports as well. We are re-designing business processes, running R&D activities, investing on cutting edge technologies like AI, IoT, VR and Big Data. We develop new products to digitalize business processes, increase passenger satisfaction, increase operational efficiency and implement them to the TAV Airports and non-TAV Airports as well. As a company, we are housing all 3 main streams of IT business under its roof, serving as Operation and Maintenance Service Provider, Contractor for Projects and Software Vendor.
What are your top projects for the next 6 months?
- During 2018, we will be installing state-of-the-art technological infrastructure and solutions to Abu Dhabi Midfield Terminal.
- Implementing “Self-Service Airport” project into Medina PMIA Airport containing self-service check-in kiosks, self-bag drop system, travel document validation system, eBorders and self-boarding gate systems.
- Implementing Oracle E-Business Suite ERP system to Macedonia Skopje Airport
- Implementing CUPPS (Common use passenger processing system) and BRS (Baggage reconciliation system) to TAV Airports
- Modernizing and migrating TAV Airports Holding’s main data center to a new location and the project will be completed on 1st July
- Organizing a Hackaton and Ideaton named “boomerang” and expecting a wide attendance from all over the world.
What are the key technologies challenges faced by your sector?
In the aviation, all of the cutting-edge technologies are being used and the sector is the one of the pioneering sectors in the market as per the technology usage. But also, there are lots of legacy systems in the market since there are strict rules, regulations, and previous investments. Always we need to think on both ways, while digitalizing/modernizing the airports, we should maintain/utilize the legacy systems and make smooth and robust integrations between them.
To do list for 2018
- Decrease the costs and increase operational efficiency in all of the Airports we are operating.
- Advance the product portfolio and execute digitalization activities in all of the Airports we are operating.
- Advance customer portfolio and export know-how to the market.
- Increase service scope and create new businesses using know-how and seasoned employees.
- Enhance our sales regions, increase market share and create customer base in Europe, USA and Asia.