According to a recent survey by Oxford Economics and SAP, the top three technologies seeing investment in UAE are AI 34%, IoT 33%, and analytics 27%.
The coronavirus pandemic has accelerated the digital transformation of Middle East organisations to optimise costs, enhance employee and customer experiences, and drive business competitiveness.
“Middle East organisations also face challenges in the CIOs presenting the financial case with a focus on total cost of ownership”
While the Middle East C-suite understands the importance of Big Data in line with digital transformation, they need to work with knowledgeable and experienced technology vendors to identify the business cases, the right solutions that meet these business needs, and develop an iterative process that measures and adjusts the KPIs.
Middle East organisations also face challenges in the CIOs presenting the financial case with a focus on total cost of ownership, and skills development. Not every employee needs to be a data scientist, but analytics are increasingly part of every employee’s job role.
“Using SAP S4HANA, organisations can find a 50% reduction in their data footprint, 100 times faster reporting”
Using SAP S4HANA, organisations can find a 50% reduction in their data footprint, 100 times faster reporting, embedded AI technology for improved insight and performance, real-time advanced analytics for faster decisions, streamlined data display and consumer-grade UX across devices, and ultimately a competitive edge.
SAP SuccessFactors enables data-driven insights to make smarter talent management decisions faster – including listening to employees’ feedback, optimising benefits, and maintaining engagement. SuccessFactors supports core human resources, payroll, time tracking, benefits admin, and human resources service delivery. Organisations can adapt recruitment, onboarding, performance, compensation, succession, and development.
“SAP has been the first to launch public cloud data centers in Saudi Arabia and the UAE”
SAP Customer Experience solutions can provide a superior and personalised omnichannel commerce experience, allow organisations to know who their customers are and how they want to be treated, improve sales with better selling experiences, make service the heart of their customers, and treat marketing as a trusted source of business.
Supporting Middle East organisations to run their Big Data and analytics solutions on the cloud, SAP has been the first multi-national enterprise application solutions provider to launch public cloud data centers in Saudi Arabia and the UAE. SAP also offers secure and privately managed cloud solutions via partners through the SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud platform, helping to accelerate growth through innovation.
“SAP and Microsoft have announced a partnership to operate intelligent digital supply chain and Industry 4.0 solutions in the cloud”
On a global level, SAP and Microsoft have announced an expanded partnership to enable customers to design and operate intelligent digital supply chain and Industry 4.0 solutions in the cloud and at the edge. The partnership, which includes a collaborative approach to standards, consortia, and open source, will shape the future of supply chain and manufacturing.
SAP S4HANA Intelligent ERP system with embedded AI and machine learning is available on premise, in a public or private cloud, or in a hybrid environment. SAP Customer Experience solutions can deliver personal, trusted, and connected customer experiences.
“SAP offers privately managed cloud solutions via partners through the SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud platform”
SAP SuccessFactors Human Capital Management Suite can enable your small business or midsize company to create a more flexible and engaged workforce that drives innovation, growth and a more resilient business.
The SAP Business Network encompasses the SAP Ariba e-procurement and supply chain cloud solutions, the SAP Concur solution for travel and expense management, and SAP Fieldglass a cloud-based open Vendor Management System for the external workforce.
SAP Quality Awards for digital transformation
- The Gulf Cooperation Council Interconnection Authority used SAP S4HANA and SuccessFactors to maintain the GCC’s grid assets.
- Saudi Ground Services deployed S4HANA and SuccessFactors to operate in real-time flight schedules, invoices, and sales, and experiences for more than 12,000 employees.
- Saudi Industrial Development Fund replaced 70 legacy applications with real-time dashboards.
- At the SAP Blue Ribbon event, Almarai, Maadaniyah, NEOM, and Olayan Group shared best practices in digital transformation.
- Almarai deployed SAP S4 HANA to maintain the region’s food supply chain.
- Maadaniyah deployed SAP S4 HANA to accelerate industrial production.
- NEOM deployed SAP S4 HANA, SAP SuccessFactors, and SAP Ariba to enhance employee experiences.
- Olayan Group adopted SAP SuccessFactors to integrate employee data from 40 companies.
- Mobily using SAP customer experience solutions to energise its sales force automation.
- Saudi Aramco announced a strategic alliance with SAP to expand the digitalisation of its ERP systems.
Survey by Oxford Economics and SAP
A recent survey by Oxford Economics and SAP shows that since the start of the coronavirus pandemic, organisations are incorporating holistic management into everyday business strategy and operations.
- 32% of organisations are investing in new technologies to analyse data.
- Top three technologies seeing investment are AI 34%, IoT 33%, and analytics 27%.
- 34% are retraining employees to work with data.
- 25% are extending data governance policies across the business ecosystem.