Cyberattacks are getting more complex with the increase of remote working and increase of dependency on digital devices. Pandemic has changed the service delivery and consumption model. While more and more remote access is being provided to employees, partner, and contractors, it has resulted in new areas of security challenges.
Cyberattacks are the number one security threat, where a direct intervention is made by people outside of an organisation to avail confidential data, resources, etc. Phishing attacks are good example cyberattacks that aim at obtaining sensitive confidential information such as user’s credentials to access sensitive data.
Analysis is a vital step for maintaining effective security.
While each of these threats can be severely damaging, Moro Hub always recommends stakeholders to pay attention to continuous monitoring and response, security of Application Programming Interface, APIs, and the end-user actions on cloud devices to be able to manage and control the cybersecurity attacks.
Experts view the combination of IoT, cloud computing and cybersecurity as a key to business success.
All of Moro Hub’s solutions are created and developed to ensure effective operations for government and enterprise clients. Moro Hub’s dedicated cybersecurity division executes a defence in depth approach across networks, hosts, identities, and provides 24/7 security, threat monitoring and incident response from Cyber Defence Centre based out of Dubai, UAE.
Any end user can fall victim to cybersecurity threats. Moro Hub recommends the following best practices –
- Regular back up of the data
- Using strong passwords and enabling multi factor authentication
- Installing legit and trusted software
- Ensuring the physical security of the digital devices
Furthermore, organisation should enable security for the hybrid workforce by:
- Using a trusted digital service provider for all IT and digital needs
- Establish a secure cyber culture
- Ensure cybersecurity controls are adapted to extend security services to hybrid workforce
- Stay compliant to relevant standards and regulations
Moro Hub has established a proven security framework that takes into consideration the related people, process, and technology aspects to support organisation on their digital transformation journey. Moro Hub can extend its skilled resources and state of the art technologies using a cost effective shared MSSP model to organisations in UAE.
Machine learning, artificial intelligence and Big Data analytics can be leveraged to enhance cybersecurity controls.
Cyber Defence Services such as Cyber Exposure Analysis, Security Operation Services, Digital Transformation Security, Governance, Risk and Compliance and Identity and Access Management can help organisations to effectively secure hybrid work force and related systems.
IoT and cloud have a lot of potential. The core concept behind IoT and the cloud computing is to boost productivity in the day-to-day tasks, without distressing the quality of the data being stored or transferred. Since the connection is common, both the services supplement each other efficiently.
However, cybersecurity remains an enabler for these new technologies as they come with their own risks. Entrepreneurs, businesses, and other experts have already begun to view the combination of IoT, cloud computing and cybersecurity as a key to business success. Therefore, new technologies such as machine learning, artificial intelligence and Big Data analytics can be leveraged to enhance the cybersecurity controls and defence mechanisms.
Recommendation to CISOs
- Analysis is a vital step for maintaining effective security.
- It is important that security professionals develop analytical skills to study the conditions that make attacks more likely and help minimise those attack surfaces.
- Security-focused project management skills are extremely important.
- Decision makers should have a strong background in this area to be able to figure out how to integrate security solutions or measures with the rest of the organisation’s systems, maintenance, upgrades, etc.
- Decision makers should have thorough knowledge and insights with the technical areas to be able to take quick and reliable decisions.
While more and more remote access is being provided to employees, partner, and contractors, it has resulted in new areas of security challenges.