On January 19, Global CIO Forum in association with Thales and F5 successfully hosted a virtual summit on Extend Strong Authentication to Your Business Apps. Thales’s SafeNet Trusted Access combines easy to deploy access management and strong authentication allowing organisations to balance security with the end-user convenience.
SafeNet Trusted Access extends the benefits of F5’s BIG-IP Access Policy Manager, APM, offering a scalable cloud solution that promotes secure access through easy to configure access policies. The session was followed by a Q&A session and quiz.
- Thales overview on Access Management
- The scalable F5 Big IP solution
- Integration of Thales Policies with F5 Big IP
Here are some of the key highlights from the virtual summit:
- F5 Labs found that web attacks are the #1 single point of entry in data breaches
- Traditional security approaches don’t work in times of multi-clouds and remote access of services
- Thales protects the entire digital service cycle:
- Access Management, AM, and authentication
- Identity verification
- Data encryption
- Cryptographic account deletion
- Thales AM and authentication portfolio includes policy-based access, authentication, Smart Single Sign-on, SSO
- Thales also offers FIDO2 solutions
- Thales authentication is password less. Push OTP can either be with PIN or combined with biometric, depending on policy
- Customisable SaaS service reduces the possibility of phishing attacks
- Thales solution addresses security across industry segments like health, finance, utilities, public sector etc.
- Thales AM and authentication prevents breaches, securely enables cloud transformation and simplifies compliance
- F5 application security pillars include app access, infrastructure and app layer
- F5 Access Policy Manager, APM, uses a zero-trust model validation for every access request
- F5 simplifies application access by using a centralised trusted source of user identity such as IDaaS, leveraging Single Sign-on, federating identity across all apps
- Integration of Thales Safenet Trusted Access, STA and F5 BIG-IP APM:
- Expands federation and SSO
- Modernises on-premise app access
- Enhances security
- Exclusive Networks provided a demo on integration of Thales STA and F5 BIG-IP APM
Speakers included Yasser El Mashad, Cyber Security Specialist at F5, Danna Bethlehem Coronel, Director, Product Marketing, Identity and Access Management at Thales and Serge Ghanem, Technical Solutions Manager at Exclusive Networks ME.
About GCF Unite VirtualSummit
Global CIO Forum’s GCF Unite VirtualSummit is an online webinar that is aimed towards creating a global technology leaders’ community whose ultimate goal is to Integrate, Influence, Impact CIOs and tech leaders. The GCF Unite VirtualSummit will host a series of events in multiple chapters and 30+ countries featuring successful local tech leaders, CIOs, IT directors, innovators, educators and investors who share business leadership best practices, and lessons learned on the road to building great future with help of technocrats and technology.
About Global CIO Forum
The role of a CIO is one of the most critical one in today’s business and industry. Today, CIOs hold the future of innovation, productivity and competitiveness in their hands. At the Global CIO Forum, we not only provide our members with an exchange forum for best IT leadership strategies and practices to enhance business results, but we are also developing a strong voice to ensure that CIOs are represented at key industry and government decision tables. In other words: Integrate. Influence. Impact.
The Global CIO Forum’s mission is to represents IT Executives and CIOs globally. Currently working in META region and with expansion plans globally, the Global CIO Forum is a non-profit community of CIOs and IT leaders whose mission is to facilitate networking, sharing of best practices and executive development, and to collaborate on issues faced by the CIOs and IT executives.