Red Hat, announced that Red Hat OpenShift Data Foundation is now included in Red Hat OpenShift Platform Plus, bringing data services, including software-defined storage, to the industry’s leading enterprise Kubernetes platform in a single holistic solution. Red Hat OpenShift Platform Plus provides a complete, multicloud Kubernetes stack out of the box, addressing crucial needs of DevSecOps and application development professionals. The addition of Red Hat OpenShift Data Foundation gives developers a consistent data platform with persistent storage that can span clouds and infrastructure, combined with data management capabilities for IT operations teams.
Kubernetes is the de facto standard in container orchestration and provides the powerful engine to bring about orchestration at scale, but it requires additional components to truly match enterprise needs for building and running modern applications. Red Hat OpenShift Platform Plus brings together the necessary capabilities that provide a consistent way to secure, protect and manage applications throughout the software lifecycle across Kubernetes clusters — even across different cloud infrastructures.
Red Hat OpenShift Platform Plus includes:
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform, a consistent hybrid cloud foundation built on Kubernetes that helps developers code and deliver applications with speed while providing flexibility and efficiency for IT operations teams.
- Red Hat Advanced Cluster Security for Kubernetes, to help secure software supply chains, infrastructure and workloads.
- Red Hat Advanced Cluster Management for Kubernetes, for end-to-end visibility, management and control of Kubernetes clusters across a hybrid and multicloud environment.
- Red Hat Quay, to provide a global and scalable container registry for a consistent build pipeline that spans infrastructures with images analyzed for security vulnerabilities, identifying potential issues that can help mitigate security risks.
- Red Hat OpenShift Data Foundation Essentials, to provide built-in cluster data management for containerized workloads, uniformly across hybrid and multicloud environments.
With Red Hat OpenShift Platform Plus, organizations have a single solution with the tools and functionality to accelerate cloud-native initiatives and adopt DevSecOps across the entirety of the hybrid cloud including at the edge.
Red Hat OpenShift Platform Plus adds Red Hat OpenShift Data Foundation, building a full-featured, complete hybrid cloud platform to address cloud-native computing requirements
Data services designed for containers and the hybrid cloud
Modern, cloud-native applications need cluster data management services that not only provide a more consistent experience for workloads in hybrid and multicloud environments, but also have the ability to scale dynamically as demands change. With Red Hat OpenShift Data Foundation integrated with Red Hat OpenShift Platform Plus, organizations gain built-in access to common data services that work across an organization’s container landscape, helping to prevent storage silos. The latest version of the storage solution, Red Hat OpenShift Data Foundation 4.9, includes new features that help organizations to more quickly and efficiently develop and deploy applications, including:
- Multicloud object gateway namespace buckets resolve data availability challenges by offering a more flexible way to address data needs across different cloud locations. Data can reside in a single location while also being made available on alternative locations where applications need access, without having to copy data over to the alternative location.
- Persistent volume encryption enables users to manage and hold encryption keys separate from their cluster. This provides improved granularity while offering flexibility for users to bring their own KMS key.